Long Lake Park Campground is pet friendly and welcomes campers who travel and share their camping with the family dog and/or cat. However, to insure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that you read and abide by the following pet policy.
- Pets are welcome but their owners must be well trained!
- ALL Pets are to be Registered at the Park Office. The office has a form that we require to be filled out by our seasonal campers for each one of their pets on the property. We require a $25.00 fee for each pet and a copy of current shot records for each pet must be on file at the office as well.
- ALL pets MUST have a valid License from the county that you live in and must be worn by the pet on a collar at all times while in our Park, there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All dogs are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owners at all times and are not permitted to be locked in the camper while you are away.
- A 6' (six foot) maximum length leash must be used whenever the dog is outside the owner's camper or motor home, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Health Department Rules dictate NO PETS in the pavilion, store, bathrooms, laundry, game room, playground or pool area.
- Dogs are not to be walked by children 6 years and under unless accompanied by a parent/grandparent.
- Dog walking hours are from 8am – 7pm. After 7pm your dog must remain at your campsite.
- All pet owners are required to pick up all pet droppings on and off their site, seal droppings in a plastic bag and dispose in a trashcan. Not picking up after your pet is reason to be asked to leave our campground.
- Aggressive dogs of any breeds are not welcome. If your dog shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers, and other animals, please leave it home. If you decide to bring your dog and it exhibits this type of behavior the owner or manager will ask you to please find other camping accommodations.
- Allowing your pet to bark uncontrollably day or night will not be permitted and you may be asked to leave if you are not able to control your pet’s barking behavior.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome. However, these animals must follow the leash policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.
- Our major insurance provider requirements are: We cannot accept breeds having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to both other dogs and to humans.
- We encourage all dog owners to call in advance to inquire about any specific rules that might apply to their specific situation
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in your dog being removed from the park.